- Australian Institute of Building Professional Excellence in Building Award (National), Commercial Construction $50 million plus – Winner
- Master Builders Australia Excellence in Construction Award (WA), Best Retail Building $50 – $100 million – Winner
- Concrete Institute of Australia Awards (WA), Commercial – Winner
- Australian Institute of Building Professional Excellence in Building Award (WA), Commercial Construction $50 million plus – Winner
- Australian Institute of Architects WA Architecture Awards, Commercial Architecture – Commendation
Constructive PD was awarded a $2 million multi-scope contract for facade cladding, mass timber, artwork, feature timber and finishes.
Headed by Georgiou, Direct Factory Outlet (DFO) Perth was a $69 million project encompassing more than 118 retail tenancies.
Constructive PD supplied and installed Cypress Pine Glulam up to 12m long on the building’s exterior. Utilising mass timber in this project was a way to achieve sophisticated and stylish results while prioritising strength and sustainability.
We worked closely with Georgiou and TRBC to design a striking and inviting space that makes a statement. The building, which is located within the Perth Airport Precinct, features a ‘feathered’ facade entrance, drawing inspiration from the aeroplanes that fly above. Similarly, the curved steel above each entry consists of perforation copied from flight paths around the world, the shot-blasted 3D concrete panel being designed by the airport runway and chevrons.
We’re proud to have made our mark on the DFO Perth building from effective collaboration with Georgiou and architects Hames Sharley while sticking to the original budget and program.